In conformity with California Education Code 76370, Santa Rosa Junior College has adopted a policy which permits the auditing of classes.
Attending classes with the intent to audit without registering as an auditor is not permitted. Students may audit certain selected classes for a fee of $15.00 per unit plus any additional course costs. Students regularly enrolled in 10 or more units may audit up to 3 units free of charge.
The following conditions must be met to audit a class:
- Auditors must be eligible for admission to college as regularly enrolled students.
- Auditor status is allowed only if student has exhausted repeat possibilities as a regular student.
- Auditor must meet the course prerequisite.
- Instructor must sign the Audit Registration card (available at Admissions and Records) to show approval for the student to attend class as an auditor on a space available basis.
- Auditors will be allowed to register only after the First Census date of the class.
- Auditors may NOT attend or participate until official enrollment is secured after the First Census date of the class.
- Auditors may NOT change their status to regular student in the class (or reverse).
- Once the auditor fee is paid, it will not be refunded.
- No transcript of record will be maintained.
- Students registered as auditors only will not be entitled to the regular health services (other than emergencies).
The following is a list of courses currently allowed for auditing: